Presented at the 2nd Annual Southern Chaparral Symposium, 2015.
This presentation discusses the educational campaign to share the "5 truths of chaparral" through awareness, curiosity, and shared learning:
- Coastal Southern California enjoys a Mediterranean-type Climate.
- Chaparral is a diverse, rich ecosystem.
- Being dense, impenetrable , and prone to huge fires is the natural condition of chaparral.
- Chaparral can be eliminated by the wrong kind of fire.
- Old-growth chaparral is a beautiful, rare natural resource
Presented at the 2nd Annual Southern Chaparral Symposium "Understanding the Ecological Value of Chaparral Landscapes: Ecosystem Services, Human Management, and Future Trends." June 8-10 2015. Arcadia, CA. Download Agenda (PDF) >