May 14th- May 15th UC Blodgett Forest Research, Georgetown, CA
May 16th-17th UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center, Browns Valley, CA
UCCE Cooperative Extension will be hosting two two-day workshops in May 2018 designed for landowners and land managers looking to gain skills in prescribed fire planning and implementation. They will included a day of presentations and training and a day of field trip and live burning (weather permitting).
• Permitting and legal considerations
• Cal Fire’s Vegetation Management Program
• Fire weather forecasting and online tools
• Air quality and smoke management
• Prescribed burn associations
• Local fire history
• Fire terms and fire behavior
• Burn plan development
• Burn unit preparation
• Tools and equipment
• Permit and weather allowing, a prescribed fire demonstration and training burn!
Register online at http://ucanr.edu/sites/forestry/Wildfire/Prescribed_fire/Rx_workshop_2018/